Sunday, September 2, 2012

Alexandra Bellissimo

 
Left: Extension 02, 9.8 x 7.6 inches, photo collage
Right: Preserve, 13.8 x 11.8 inches, photo collage
Left: Rupture, 6 x 8.4 inches, photo collage
Right: Surface, 7 x 9.6 inches, photo collage

Hello again everyone! I haven't even been back for a day and I am already posting on here twice. Even though I have been away from the blog I have still finding great sources of inspiration from photographers and artists. Recently I have discovered the LA photographer, Alexandra Bellissimo. She does these amazing conceptual surrealist collage works where she creates these half-human, half-nature people. Her works looks at the relationship between nature and the human body and how we feel towards it. I almost thought that they were paintings at first, but yeah aren't the ust simply beautiful. They are really create images that are beautifully shot with these great colour schemes and tones.

She has recently taken my interest as I am exploring a similar concept of people's relationship with nature. So she has been really interesting to look at as a source of inspiration for it. I'll be sure to share with you photo's of my works in progress hopefully soon. In the mean time be sure to check out Alexandra Bellissimo website and her blog as well.

Again I just wanted to say that I am really excited to be back to blogging and a huge thanks to everyone who has stuck around :)

All images found from Alexandra Bellissimo's website.

1 lovely comments:

Andie Bottrell said...

These are gorgeous. I thought they were paintings at first too! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP