Saturday, September 3, 2011

Field trip to Sydney - Part Three

 
 This weekend I will share my last two posts from my Sydney field trip the other week. So welcome to Part Three where we took a visit to the Martin Browne Contemporary gallery. Again this was another new gallery to me, but I was to surprise a picture in the gallery of how it came to be. The space was a run down building and a group of fantastic people brought life back to it. Anyway they had a exhibition showing, but it wasn't all that interesting to me (pictures of flowers). Then we went upstairs to like their storeroom and there they had these amazing sculptures.

They were these cute little creatures made out of chicken bones that were so cool that I just wanted to pick one up and take it home with me. To my dislike their wasn't any information about the artist or the title of the works, but I later found out that they are made by Melbourne artist Linde Ivimey. I particularly love both the rabbits as I could happily have one in my home. Upstairs as well they had this amazing chair, which was so comfy. I can't wait to own such a chair that I'll just spend hours sitting in and reading books.

You might of also noticed some new changes to the blog e.i. banner, titles, link bar. This has been in the works for a couple of weeks as I wanted a change from my banner. I hope you guys like the new look as much as I do. I also hope that everyone has a lot planned this weekend and be sure to check back tomorrow for Part Four of my field trip to Sydney.

If you are new here you can go check out both Part One and Part Two

Photo Credit: Taken by myself with the courtesy of the Martin Browne Contemporary gallery

 

1 lovely comments:

Vanessa Lu said...

cute pics, love how the sculptures are so unique!
http://vanessalu91.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP