Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pinhole


During my summer I am doing a photography course at my uni that focuses on black and white film. I haven't done darkroom photography for two years so thought it would be a good chance to pick it up again. We started this week and first looking at pinhole photography. 
Pinhole photography is lensless photography in which a tiny hole replaces the lens. Light passes through the hole; an image is formed in the camera. You can construct pretty much out of everything from cereal boxes to seashells but basically a pinhole camera is a box, with a tiny hole at one end and film or photographic paper at the other.  Pinhole images tend to be softer and less sharp than pictures made with a lens. Exposures are long, ranging from half a second to several hours. Images are exposed on film or paper – negative or positive; black and white, or color.
Anyway I am having fun with pinhole photography so far. Made my box out of cardboard and took a few images last lesson. it's so different compared to just regular film photography. I will upload some photos here once i take some good ones :)

Photo Credit: Vicboano

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP